If you’re a deal hound like me, you’re going to love what Amazon has in store for you on July 11. The tech giant has proclaimed this day of sales, Amazon Prime Day, and for some it’s like Christmas in July.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
Become a Prime member
You have to be a Prime member to take advantage of all the deals, but this could be the best time to do it. The membership entitles you to free two-day shipping on many items and costs about $100 per year. It also means that you can take advantage of add-ons like video and music streaming services along with same-day delivery, which does come with some stipulations. If you’re unsure, sign up for the 30-day free trial to test it out.
Grab the lightning deals while you can
There will be two types of offers that you can take advantage of on Prime day: all day deals that you can shop throughout the entire day and lightning deals, which only last for a certain amount of time before they expire or sell out. Knowing that these two types of sales exist is just half the battle. You’ll need to create a strategy for Prime Day and do some research on the items you want to buy so all you have to do is input your card numbers before you make a purchase.
Deal or no deal
Make sure that the deal you’re getting is actually a deal. You’ll want to know the average price of the product you plan to buy before you get to your cart to check out. Often times clever marketing can make shoppers think they are saving much more than they actually are.
Early birds win
Some Prime Day deals start on July 10 at 9 p.m., so get in there early! And if there is something you really want, keep an eye on it starting the day before.
Now let’s take a look at some of the deals you can expect, according to Amazon:
- Save 50% on Amazon Echo, only $89.99
- Save $15 on Echo Dot, only $34.99
- Save $30 on Kindle Paperwhite, only $89.99
- Save $40 on Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, only $89.99
- Fire 7, our best-selling tablet, only $29.99
- Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can add four months of the full catalog streaming service for just $0.99 when buying Echo devices, Fire TV streaming media players or Fire tablets
- Save $75 on Echo Show and Arlo Security Camera bundle
- Save 30% on Echo Dot and TP-Link Smart Plug bundle
- Save $50 on August Smart Lock
- Save big on Sony XB950B1 Extra Bass Wireless Headphones
- Save 45% on Libratone One Click portable Bluetooth speakers
And the deals don’t end there. Shoppers can also expect to save up to half-off on select video games, consoles and accessories along with PC gaming laptops. There will also be discounts on diamond stud earrings, furniture, nursery essentials, vacuums, clothing and shoes, printers, the complete Game of Thrones series, sporting goods, toys and more. There is really something for everyone.
You can also save 50% on a 2-pack of Tile Slim Phone Finders. Check out my review of the TileMate here.